Wow, I cannot believe it's December and semester 1 of my Fellowship is almost over.
Although the first half of the semester seemed to be a slow start (for all of us), the end of the year is making up for it! So much to do! I have helped co-write a few different programs and we are finally starting to film them. Yesterday I filmed my first one :) Oh man, just when I was beginning to forget what my "little kid teaching voice" sounded like. My co-worker, Monica, helped me with all the technical stuff and we went out into the galleries and filmed. The hardest part was standing still and maintaining strict eye contact with the camera, which wasn't too bad after a few takes. I also realized how much I miss being in the galleries... I need to wander around more between meetings, seriously.
Getting to film is really making it all seem real, I wish there were live kids there but we are doing what we can and I am satisfied with that :) Next week I am filming a conversation between me and one of the community artists at the Carter; that one will be a lot less scripted and more casual (which I'm not sure if that will be easier or harder!) but luckily our deadlines are rather lax this semester so I can give it a few go's.
I hope everyone is having a good end of the year! I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity even if it is not as enriching as past years. I have a feeling next semester will be even better!
Brilliant! Congratulations on filming your first video, Emma! Woo hoo! I hope we get to see it sometime. I said this to Julianna too but when you actually get to teach in person, it will be SO MUCH BETTER! There will be an energy transference that just isn't possible with Zoom. It is contagious when it is in person (maybe I shouldn't be using the word "contagious" right now!)!
ReplyDelete